Completely gluten free this is a stunning loaf. With a beautiful taste this recipe ends up coming straight out of the oven and the top has a beautiful crunch to it. I almost named it Banana Pecan Crunch Loaf !
The flavours in this one completely compliment each other. There is no better combination than banana, maple & pecan.
For this recipe I have used a teff flour and combined it with almond meal. Teff is not as commonly known as other types of flours. Teff is still a grain based flour even though it is gluten free. So if you have a problem with grains and not just gluten you still may have to be careful with this recipe. I have combined teff and almond meal as teff is finer than a normal flour I have used the almond meal to lighten up the mix and create a better texture. If you havent worked with teff before I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
I have topped this one with pecans but you could use other types of nuts if you don’t want to use pecan.
Teff & Almond Banana Pecan Loaf
- 14 Servings
- 1 hr 30 min
- Print this
- 350-370g ripe bananas ( approx 3) peeled weight
- 250g coconut oil (melted)
- 2 TBSP maple syrup – 25-30g
- 200g rapadura sugar or equivalent
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (reserve for top)
- 1.5 cups teff flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 TBSP natural baking powder aluminium free
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 1/2tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Step 2
- Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper and oil of choice we use coconut oil
- Step 3
- Cream coconut oil, sugar, maple in blender or mixer until all combined.
- Step 4
- Add bananas, eggs & vanilla then mix until combined.
- Step 5
- Add all the rest of the ingredients (except pecans) and mix. You only want to just bring these ingredients togther . (Don’t overmix)
- Step 6
- Pour batter into tin.
- Step 7
- Top with Pecans.
- Step 8
- Cook for 50-60 minutes or until wooden skewer comes out clean.