These are one of the simplest most cost effective little entertaining ideas ever. Easy and fresh these little vegan bites are so simple and can be as creative as you make them with what’s available in the kitchen. Ideas are not limited to what you see on my post, just be creative and add a couple of ingredients you keep in your pantry or tailor them to your individual taste.
These can be whipped up in no time at all and will suit anyone on a vegetarian or vegan diet. However you can switch up ingredients to use a wholefoods cream cheese base or add some chicken, prawns or cheese if you want to change them up a little.
You can get really fancy if you start thinking about the possibilities. So get creative and invite your friends over for that long overdue catchup.
Please note I have not listed quantities for the ingredients in this post as you can use the same elements for each bite or alternate and make all sorts of varieties and different flavour combinations. I just use what I have on hand in the house at the time.
- 20 -30 Servings
- 25 min
- Print this
- ▪ 3 x small lebanese cucumbers into 1.5cm thick rounds
- ▪ Hummus - see link in step 5
- ▪ Almond spread or any nut butter (Peanut , Cashew)
- ▪ Organic Sultanas
- ▪ Carrot - small strips
- ▪ Sundried tomato - small strips
- ▪ Walnuts
- ▪ Snow Pea Shoots
- ▪ Peptitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
- ▪ Paprika:
- Step 1
- Cut lebanese cucumber into rounds and place on a serving dish.
- Step 2
- Depending on the look you want you can pipe or just spoon hummus onto half the rounds and use your choice of nut/almond butter onto the other half.
- Step 3
- Top with toppings and mix and match to get colour variation and variety.
- Step 4
- Above are just a few suggestions but use your imagination this is a simple yet effective idea to create a fun platter that’s healthy and looks great.
- Step 5
- Hummus recipe link here http://mixmakemunch.com/wholefoods-hummus/