Looking for a special treat? Everyone loves a good donut right?
These delicious donuts are super easy to whip up and only take about 20-30 minutes to mix up and 20-30 minutes to cook depending on your oven. You can dress them up as much as you like or just make them plain and simple.
Some of the toppings we use are:
- Sweet Creamy Coconut Yogurt (recipe here http://mixmakemunch.com/sweet-creamy-coconut-yogurt/
- Whipped cream and jam
- Melted butter dipped in cinnamon and sugar
- Chocolate icing with chopped nuts (pictured above)
- Lemon Icing
- Raw Chocolate
Please note only the base of the donuts are Paleo you would need to use a Paleo topping and not all of the toppings listed above fall into this category.
Pictured below is a donut we had with sweet creamy coconut yogurt topped with raw chocolate and date syrup sprinkled with cinnamon.
These donuts can also freeze quite well so you can make them ahead of time and reheat on the day. To be perfectly honest they do taste the best straight after they are cooked and come straight out of the oven if you a have the time.
Comfort food without the guilt why don’t you just pop into the kitchen and spoil yourself by whipping up these amazing donuts.
Wholefoods Paleo Donuts
- 6 Large Servings
- 1 hr 20 min
- Print this
- ▪ 1 1/4 cups almond meal
- ▪ 1/4-1/2 cup coconut cream
- ▪ 80g organic butter
- ▪ 2 eggs - x large
- ▪ 4 TBSP coconut sugar
- ▪ 2 TBSP coconut flour
- ▪ 1 tsp organic vanilla
- ▪ 1 tsp cinnamon
- ▪ 1 tsp baking powder (aluminium free & gluten Free)
- ▪ 2 TBSP tapioca flour
- ▪ pinch salt
- Step 1
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Oil donut pan with coconut oil or preferred oil.
- Step 2
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder, tapioca, salt and cinnamon set aside.
- Step 3
- Liquid mix -
- Step 4
- Melt butter and mix in coconut sugar, cream together with beaters.
- Step 5
- Then into the liquid mix add vanilla and mix and then beat in the 2 eggs.
- Step 6
- Now slowly add in coconut cream in increments to the liquid mixture as well mixing as you go.
- Step 7
- Adding the liquid mix into dry mix .
- Step 8
- Pour liquid mix in slowly bit by bit folding as you go.
- Step 9
- Mix until just combined and batter is formed.(Do not overmix as you will flatten and take all the air out of the mixture and your donuts will not taste as light and fuffy.
- Step 10
- Spoon mixture into the donut pan filling donut holes until at least 3/4 full. I get 6 large donuts from this mix.
- Step 11
- Cook for 25 minutes. Maybe longer depending on oven. The donuts will be slighly browned. You can use a wooden skewer to check they are cooked through.
- Step 12
- Allow to cool, then brush with melted butter and sprinkle with coconut sugar and cinnamon or add any toppings you desire