Simple and tasty! That’s what I am talking about. This super simple Satay Dressing is a great recipe to have on hand. You can use it to add to a salad as as dressing or use it as a dipping sauce with chicken or beef sticks. It’s the perfect dipping sauce for entertaining. You can make this one ahead of time and pop it in the fridge however its best at room temperature so the oil from the peanut butter is not hard.
Wholefoods Satay Dressing
- 25 min
- Print this
- 30ml sesame oil
- 125g peanut butter (chunky or plain is fine)
- ¼ tsp grated ginger (or more if you like add to taste)
- 4 TBSP maple syrup
- 3 TBSP tamari
- 1TBSP rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 100ml water (may need extra)
- Extra crushed nuts for topping (optional)
- Step 1
- Peel & grate ginger. You can use the ginger you buy in a jar so long as it has nothing added to it. But I would recommend this over ginger powder as it’s a completely different flavour if you don’t have fresh ginger in the house.
- Step 2
- Add all ingredients into a blender cup – nutri bullet or something equivalant.
- Step 3
- Blend until smooth.
- Step 4
- Depending on how thick and the temp of your peanut butter you may need to add a little extra water as the older the peanut butter and the less oil it has in it the less smooth it will be. This is why the quantity can end up between 150-200ml.
- Step 5
- Pour into serving bowl or pour over salad and top with crushed nuts.